2007 Dodge NitroCRM Mitchell1 2023-01-27T23:00:37+00:00
- CUSTOMER STATES SHE HAS A RATTLING NOISE COMING FORM UNDER VEHICLE WHILE DRIVING, ALSO STATES HER A/C IS INTERMITTENT. ALSO STATES THE PAST COUPLE WEEKS SHE HAS HAD A BURNING SMELL COMING FROM UNDER VEHICLE. CHECK AND ADVISE.
- Inspected starter. Found residue of starter overheated and started to melt in places. Recommend replacing starter and retesting.
- During vehicle inspection found: Priority One: 1. address starting issue, 2. oil change/dye test, 3. air filter, 4. recharge battery, 5. further diag codes Priority Two: 1. brake flush SEL- Code list: multiple codes recommend to further diag Oil Life %: no sticker Engine Oil: oil leak, looks like possible timing cover and or front of oil pan, recommend to clean and perform dye test, engine oil is dark, recommend oil change Brake Fluid: brake fluid test came back a little dark recommend brake flush Air Filter: air filter is dirty recommend to replace Battery Condition: good, recommend to recharge
- Final Tech Notes and Checklist: starter. Repairs performed: removed and replace starter, attempted to start engine and starter was engaging but engine was not turning over, found crank pulley was not turning over by hand, removed serpentine belt and crank fully turned over, found AC compressor pulley is seized, recommend to replace AC compressor.
- Drained engine oil and filled with a 5w20 synthetic blend engine oil and a can of moa, replaced oil filter, new sticker set for 3000 miles at 231,127, current odometer is at 228,127, verified oil level is full, replaced air filter.
- Clean area from excess fluid leak. Add dye to system (and top off if needed) to determine cause of leak. If leak is not revealed, may need to have customer return after driving for some time.
- Final Tech Notes and Checklist: brake flush. Repairs performed: performed brake flush with dot 4 fluid, test drove 10 miles confirming repair.
- Final Tech Notes and Checklist: Ac compressor, belt, map sensor. Repairs performed: Removed and replaced ac compressor, did not fill with Freon and did not hook up electrical to compressor, replaced serpentine belt, replaced broken map sensor.
- AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM – Complete Charge – [Includes: Air Conditioning system recover, evacuate and recharge.]
Bailey L. gave our service a 5 star review on 1/26/2023